Regional Training Courses
"Excellent investment. $525 for that was money very well spent."
"More confidence in trying different things that I knew existed, but never dared to use."
"Very detailed course. One of the best instrument courses I have been to in 37 years."
What topics does a regional training course cover?
Our most recent training courses covered the following topics Effective Test Measurement and Analytical Principles.
This course begins with a brief overview of Texture Measurement principles: test selection, probe selection, sample handling, product geometry, managing sample variability, and file/data management.
By the conclusion of the three-day course, participants are familiar enough with the software so that they will be able to develop effective test methods and analyze the data for virtually any product. Participants receive a full set of application studies, a Calibration & Verification manual, a CD with PDF formatted application studies, and the most recent published papers abstract files.
A major component of the course is hands on software training. Participants use their own laptop computers during several practicum sessions to practice what they have learned.
Standard course topics
- Design and use MACROS to automate analysis
- Design and use PROJECTS to automate testing
- Develop clear goals for texture testing
- Establish test settings
- Statistically analyze data
- Use every software feature and pull-down menus
- Read texture graphs
- TTC and SMS application studies
- Software help menus
- Published paper abstracts (~ 1200+ papers)
- Calibration and verification methods
- How to automate tests with software
We offer a hands-on breakout group to our regional trainings to cover topics that are of interest to advanced users.
Our advanced training also includes a review of application studies, test methods suitable for attendee products, and detailed calibration and verification methods. By the end of the course, participants in our advanced working group will familiar enough with the advanced features of the Exponent software that they can establish projects for managing multiple users, data management, and test methods. Participants receive a full set of application studies, a Calibration and Verification manual, a CD with PDF formatted application studies, and the most recent published papers abstract files. If you are registering an advanced user for our regional trainings, please notify us in advance so we can provide our smaller number of advanced trainees with all the support and hands-on training they need.
This hands-on group quickly moves beyond test and probe selection in our standard trainings and delves deeply into:
Advanced Training Topics
- Designing Macros to automate routine procedures, analyses and actually run tests
- Creating Projects to establish consistent procedures among many different operators and test protocols
- Use Variables in Macros and Test Sequences to simplify calculations and to statistically analyze data
- Discuss why & how to use Basic scripts
Advanced Training Topics (cont)
- Instruct how to create and calibrate other data channel such as temperature, humidity voltage, etc. and how to plot and analyze those other channels
- Introduce the fundamentals of integrating the TA.XTPlus with robotics
- Chapter 21 Part 11 software features and methods