Modernize your volume measurements
The VolScan Profiler is a pioneering volume measuring instrument for commercial bakeries.
- Research and Development
- Quality Assurance
- Process Control
- Academic Research
- Food Ingredient Suppliers
- Food Research Institutes
Rapid assessment of:
- Bread volume
- Maximum width
- Specific volume
- Maximum height
- Volume yield per 100g flour
"I like the wow factor of having a laser in the lab - the Volscan impresses customers. The ability of Texture Technology folks to be able to understand my problems and provide immediate clear explanations on the phone is great."
Sharon Book, Sr. Food Technologist ICL Food Specialties
Why use the VolScan instead of traditional methods?
Traditionally, volume measurements have been obtained by the technique of seed displacement, in which the amount of rapeseed or pearl barley packing around the loaf in a standard container is measured. However the following drawbacks which affect the efficiency, accuracy of the measurement and usability are commonly known in the baking industry:
- Repeated calibration necessary
- Operator dependence
- Loss of rapeseed due to spillage (and therefore seed all over lab floor)
- Adherence of seeds to the product or to static electricity
- Seed clumping due to moisture absorption
- Periodic sieving of the seed to remove food crumbs
- The potential crushing of freshly baked or soft products
- The inability to test small products (results are reported to be +/-40ml
- The limitation of recording one measurement only (i.e. volume, with no other dimensional analysis)
- Manual recording of results with no digital record
"Seven tough questions to ask when buying a Volume Measuring instrument"
Automatically measure critical baking parameters
Movement and Measurement
- Data acquisition: 400 points per revolution
- Vertical step size options: 0.5mm - 26mm
- Measurement resolution: ±1cm3
- Sample weight accuracy: ±5g
- Max diameter: 380mm
- Max height: 600mm
- Max sample weight: 1.5kg
- Automatic calibration
- Automatic weighing
Our experience sets us apart. Use us as part of your testing team!
As Stable Micro Systems’ exclusive distributor for the past three decades we have partnered with universities and companies to address how to help them address every testing challenge they have had. We will work just as hard to understand your testing needs and then recommend the appropriate instrument, fixtures and test methods to solve your problems.
The Volscan Profiler and other Stable Micro Systems instruments have been used in the bakery/bread industry for over 25 years.Learn more
See Our Products
TA.XTPlus ConnectSee the TA.XTPlus C
The TA.XTPlus C Texture Analyzer is the industry-leading texture analysis and texture measurement instrument.
TA.XTExpress ConnectSee the TA.XTExpress C
The TA.XTExpress C Texture Analyzer is the perfect texture measurement device for quality control product testing.
Hardware AccessoriesSee Accessories
Include sound, video, temperature and humidity measurement, and more, in your testing.
Probes and FixturesSee Probes & Fixtures
No matter what you are testing, we have a probe or fixture to help you obtain the most accurate and differentiating data possible.
Not sure who to contact?
Write us and one of our texture analysis experts will get back to you.
Please note: we are the North American distributor for Stable Micro Systems. If you are outside the US or Canada, please contact .